Friday, April 11, 2014

Redheads Rock

Lately I've been noticing that many of the protagonists in the novels I read are--without any premeditation on my part--redheads. Today I checked out Bride Most Begrudging from the library because it was on my mom's book club list, and, you guessed it, the protagonist's a redhead!

I started to tell you this for no particular reason whatsoever, but then I decided that it must be the law of attraction because I've been obsessed with redheads for awhile--well since Ariel captured my heart in kindergarten--but the admiration has grown significantly as of late. So much so, that my husband and I have already called dibs on having at least one redhead when the time comes (and just for the record, the time has not come).

That's all.


Behold my dad, the reason I have a fighting chance at birthing a redhead. 


If this were Facebook, I'd say, "Loving redheads with This is What Happiness Looks Like, The Selection Series and Bride Most Begrudging."

Okay, that's not quite all. I must add that I am salivating May 6th, the release date of The One (3rd book of the Selection series). I've been more excited for May 6th than I was for Christmas and I just wanted to tell someone!

BTW, Redheads rock.


1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! It took years for me to embrace my red hair. I was teased relentlessly for it, growing up, but I do love it now. Now I watch my 3 kids with red hair go through the same thing...kids can be so mean! My husband and I have noticed that in the past few years the lead, woman role in movies is more and more portrayed by a red head! He says "See, you were en vogue, long before they all knew red heads were the bomb!" It's especially interesting to me, to see Hollywood take a famous actress and dye her hair red for the role - Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Pots in the Iron Man movies. Scarlett Johansen in the Captain America movies. Emma Stone and Kirsten Dunst in the Spiderman movies...I could go on.

    Anyway, I'm glad to hear you love them. I certainly had an 'ugly' complex growing up because of it, but have been able to put it behind me!

    ReplyDelete